Williams-Sonoma, Inc. To the Trade membership is granted to interior designers, architects, set designers/stagers, home developers and professionals in the hospitality and food & beverage industries.
To qualify, please provide at least two of the following:
- Proof of valid membership to a design organization: (e.g. current membership ID)
- ASID - American Society of Interior Designers or international affiliate
- IIDA - International Interior Design Association
- AIA - American Institute of Architects
- IDS - Interior Design Society
- CID - Certified Interior Decorators International
- NKBA - National Kitchen & Bath Association (AKBD, CKD, CBD, CMKBD, or CMKBE)
- IDC – Interior Designers of Canada
- A staging organization, such as ASP, CSP, HSR, RESA
- Interior Design Certification (e.g. NCIDQ, CCIDC)
- Current Business License
- Current Resale Certificate(s) - completed certificates are mandatory for each state where you are seeking tax exemption (U.S. only)
- Business card indicating your trade profession
We reserve the right to make all membership determinations at our sole discretion. Each professional must individually apply for membership by submitting their individual qualifications. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Employees of Williams-Sonoma are not eligible for membership.
Membership is not transferable. A membership card can only be used by the named card holder. The named card holder must present his/her valid membership card and valid photo identification in person to receive the trade discount at time of purchase.
Misuse of membership may result in membership termination. Misuse includes, without limitation: use of the trade discount for personal purchases, any resale of merchandise purchased using the trade discount through any retail outlet (e.g., resale on or through any retail or auction Web site or store), reimbursement of trade discount upon merchandise return, transfer of membership, allowing others to use the membership card (e.g., sharing the card with a client), and submitting false, expired or misleading information in connection with a membership application.
This program was formerly known as Williams-Sonoma Inc. Designer Marketplace. Membership cards issued as “Designer Marketplace” that have not expired are still valid for use until they expire. Upon renewal, member will be issued a “Williams-Sonoma, Inc. To the Trade” membership card.
Members receive a discount of 20% off merchandise at Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, west elm, Williams Sonoma cuisine, Mark and Graham and Rejuvenation. Plus, all members receive a 25% discount off all Williams Sonoma Home products. All with no minimum purchase. Product exclusions apply. Cannot be combined with other offers.
Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, west elm, Williams Sonoma cuisine, Mark and Graham, and Rejuvenation:
The trade discount is not valid with any other offer, on Outlet purchases, on floor samples, on purchases of gift cards and eGift Cards, promotional items, gift wrap, shipping and processing fees or taxes, purchases of items from La Cornue, Outdoor Grills, Hestan Grills, Lynx, Kalamazoo, Memphis Pro & Caliber, Google Home, Original Artwork and the Found collection at Williams-Sonoma; Away, Bali Shades, Pelle, Smeg, Sonos and products part of the LOCAL collaborations at west elm; Leesa and Sapira at both west elm and Pottery Barn; Lilly Pulitzer at Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, and PBteen; Baby Gear (Nuna, Inglesina, Babyzen®, Doona™, bloom®, Medela, Lifefactory™, Beaba, Skip Hop, Petunia Pickle Bottom, Rosie Pope, Boppy®, Ergobaby, Happiest Baby), Rachel Ashwell from Pottery Barn Kids; Harry Potter from PBteen. The trade discount is not redeemable for cash. Williams-Sonoma reserves the right to change the list of items not eligible for the trade discount at its discretion. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. To the Trade is neither valid nor recognized at Outlet locations. Members may cancel their membership at any time and for any reason by calling our Dedicated Trade Line at (888) 837-4888 or +1 (702) 360-7147 outside the US.
Always use your Williams-Sonoma, Inc. To the Trade membership card for making trade purchases. Online shopping and shipping to Canada for trade member orders is currently unavailable. Please contact a Trade Representative if you have any questions.
To check your membership status please contact a dedicated Trade Representative at (888) 837-4888 or (702) 360-7147 if outside the US.
Resale Certificates For Tax Exempt Purchases (US Only)
To facilitate tax exempt purchases in the states in which you maintain a tax exempt status, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. must have on file the appropriate completed state Resale Certificate forms when you place an order online or through a dedicated Trade Representative. Although you may have already sent us a copy of your (re)seller’s license or permit, state authorities also require us to keep a complete copy of your signed Resale Certificate and/or Permit on file. To ensure that no sales tax is charged on future purchases intended for resale, please complete the following steps:
NOTE: Because Rejuvenation has a separate tax identification number, you will also need to submit a separate signed Resale Certificate for each state you are seeking tax exemption for Rejuvenation purchases as well.
- Download all applicable Resale Certificates for each state* in which you are a reseller by clicking on the appropriate state name below (note that these forms have been pre-populated with Williams-Sonoma, Inc.’s proper seller listing):
- For resellers in Florida, please provide a copy of your signed Annual Resale Certificate.
- For resellers in Oklahoma, please provide a copy of your Sales Tax/Exemption Permit.
- For resellers in Mississippi, please provide a copy of your Sales Tax Permit.
- For resellers in Washington, please provide a copy of your reseller permit.
- Print, complete, and sign each Resale Certificate (and/or Permits) from Step 1 above.
- Fax all pages of completed Resale Certificates and/or Permits to (702) 804-9005. Please include your name, company name, and membership ID on the cover page. Only one set of documents is required per firm.
To receive tax exemption when shopping in our stores, please present a copy of your signed Resale Certificate or Permit to an associate.
Note that we are required to charge sales tax on all of your business purchases in instances where we have not received a completed and signed Resale Certificate and/or permit as required.
If you have further questions, please call (888) 837-4888. We very much appreciate your cooperation, and look forward to your continued business.
Members may be subject to additional terms and conditions printed on membership cards. A membership card is valid until the expiration date noted on its face side. Williams-Sonoma, inc. may issue new cards to members who have made purchases in the past two years and have otherwise fully complied with these Terms & Conditions. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is not responsible for cards lost, damaged or stolen, or for any unauthorized use of cards. Lost, stolen or damaged cards may be canceled and replaced at the sole discretion of Williams-Sonoma, Inc. upon receipt of the required business documentation. The membership card is not a credit card.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. reserves the right to terminate a membership or cancel To the Trade at its sole discretion, with or without notice to the member.
Members may cancel their membership at any time and for any reason by calling a dedicated Trade Representative at (888) 837-4888 or (702) 360-7147 from outside the US.